Join our Summer Internship Programme and experience what it’s like to work at Swire – a company that operates across a multitude of industries around the world.
The Swire Summer Internship Programme is designed for penultimate year students who aspire to join the Management Trainee Programme after graduation. Over seven weeks, you’ll work in one of our operating companies based in Hong Kong or Mainland China. Through a comprehensive induction and hands-on experience, you’ll learn about the breadth of the Swire Group. To give you an in-depth insight of the business, you’ll be assigned to a team and tasked to lead a specific business-related project. You’ll have the freedom to develop and gain the essential skills and commercial awareness for corporate life. To wrap up your seven weeks, you’ll work with fellow interns on a group project, pitching innovative proposals to senior management on how to drive the business forward. To ensure you have support every step of the way, we’ll also provide you with access to Coaches and a Management Trainee buddy who will offer guidance and performance feedback throughout the programme.
Interns who successfully complete the Summer Internship Programme and receive strong recommendations will fast-track through the Management Trainee (Group Staff or House Staff) application process. Your future starts here.
Grow through experience
A taste of the Management Trainee Programme
Based in Hong Kong or Mainland China for a 7-week period you will:
- Gain hands-on experience by working on an exciting business-related project, attached to a team in one of our operating companies.
- Collaborate with fellow interns on a group presentation, pitching innovative business proposals to senior management
If you’re successful, you’ll fast-track through the Management Trainee application process.
As well as learning on the job, you’ll receive training and development tailored to your needs – whether it is technical or soft skills.
Support every step of the way
As well as building lasting relationships with your fellow Interns, you’ll receive tailored coaching and mentoring from your direct manager, Leadership Development Team coach and Management Trainee buddy.
- You are determined and motivated, with strong learning agility.
- You are passionate about developing a long-term general management career with Swire and aspire to be a Swire Management Trainee.
- You are an undergraduate or postgraduate of any discipline, graduating in 2020.
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English (minimum HKDSE 5 or equivalent).
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken Chinese.
- You have right of abode in Hong Kong SAR or PRC citizenship, or a valid No Objection Letter (For non-local students studying in Hong Kong, excluding exchange students).*
*Interns who have the Right of Abode in Hong Kong SAR or PRC citizenship, or non-local students who possess a valid No Objection Letter (NOL) are eligible for employment in Hong Kong, and will be assigned to a Hong Kong-based project. Interns eligible for employment in China will be assigned to a Mainland-based project.
To find out more about the programme, click here to attend one of our recruitment talks.
Apply online from December to January.
If shortlisted, you’ll be invited to take part in an online aptitude test during January and to attend an assessment center between March and April.
If further shortlisted, you’ll then have the opportunity to demonstrate your leadership potential at a panel interview in between end-March and mid-April.
If you are successful, you’ll join us in early July.