Join our Summer Internship Programme and experience what it’s like to work at Swire – a company that operates across multiple industries around the world.
Application period for 2020 Summer Internship Programme: 1 January 2020 to 7 February 2020
The Swire Summer Internship Programme is for penultimate year students who want to join the Management Trainee Programme after graduation.
Interns who successfully complete the Summer Internship Programme and exhibit high performance and potential will fast-track through the Group Staff Management Trainee application process. Your career starts here!
Through a comprehensive induction and hands-on experience, you’ll learn about the breadth of the Swire Group. Over seven weeks, you’ll work in one of our operating companies based in Hong Kong or Mainland China and will have the opportunity to lead and implement a business-related project. You’ll have the freedom to develop and gain the skills and commercial awareness you need for a career in business.
Some great project examples are:
Grow through experience
Cross-industry induction exposure
Swire being a conglomerate that has businesses cross property, aviation, food & beverages, trading & industrial as well as marine services. You’ll be working in one company, one team, but you’ll get to meet and learn from inspiring people cross industries, cross job functions. E.g. As a Swire Summer Intern at Shanghai Swire Coca-Cola, during induction you’ll also tour around Swire Properties and Cathay Pacific and meet the people.
To ensure you have support every step of the way, we’ll also provide you with access to Coaches and a Management Trainee buddy who will offer guidance and development feedback throughout the programme.
To wrap up your seven weeks, you’ll work with fellow interns on a group project, pitching innovative proposals to senior management on how to drive the business forward. From future trends to pragmatic solutions for immediate business improvement, we want to hear your ideas!
- You are passionate about developing a long-term general management career with Swire and aspire to be a Swire Management Trainee.
- You are an undergraduate or postgraduate of any discipline, graduating in 2021.
- You have strong learning agility.
- You have strong leadership potential and interpersonal skills.
- You are culturally sensitive and quickly adaptable to new roles and situations.
- You have the right of abode in Hong Kong SAR or PRC citizenship.
- You have a strong academic track record: you have or are expecting an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK 2.1/GPA 3.0 out of 4.0.
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English (minimum HKDSE 5, TOEFL 80, TOEIC 750 or equivalent).
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese).
- Internship & overseas experiences are a plus.
To find out more about the programme, please visit our website and social media channels (Facebook/LinkedIn/WeChat).
Apply online from 1 January to 7 February 2020.
If shortlisted, you’ll be invited to take part in an online aptitude test during February and to attend an assessment centre in March.
If further shortlisted, you’ll then have the opportunity to demonstrate your leadership potential at a panel interview in March.
Successful candidates will receive offers by early April and join us in early July.